The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- 春节期间多地楼市降温 预计为2017年主要趋势
- Fixed Income Securities
- 一二线城市房价涨幅持续回落 楼市退烧明显
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 长假前四日线上消费投诉逾半 投诉家居用品集中 in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 智慧照明产品渗透加快，20%民众愿意两年内购买 and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 两会调查：网民期待2019年楼市坚持“房住不炒”: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- 北京橙色预警36家水泥等行业企业停产 to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
8月，为了捍卫中国在全球经济中的制造业中心的地位，央行引导人民币作出数十年来最大幅的贬值。稍后，在国际货币基金组织(International Monetary Fund)把人民币纳入全球储备货币之后，人民币进一步贬值。这一现象可能反映了资本外流。
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- 互联网电商布局大家居 涉足家装
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)
One of the designer's most important companions in later life was his Birman cat Choupette, who he has called his one true love and said he would marry if it were legal.
“Someone spilled a pot of hot coffee on the candidate.”